Welcome!

This a place where I can express my thoughts, dreams, and random ideas throughout the day.

Thursday, October 24, 2013

My 1st week as a mom of 2

Being in the hospital was surreal. I missed my Noah so much yet I was in pain and trying to recover so I knew that was the place for me. Also I needed to get to know Katie and have time just me and her. After. 4 days in the hospital with just one, coming home to bring everyone together was the best feeling in the world. My life finally felt complete to have both my children and husbAnd together in our home. This quickly turned to chaos as we now have 1:1 kid to parent ratio. I find that all of my time is spent nursing the baby and my husbands is spent entertaining and trying to exhaust my older son so he will take a nap. I know everyone says that your toddler will be more challenging and go through a bit of transition but it has definitely been difficult in the form of trantrums.

Katie's accomplishments the first week: she lost her umbilical cord 10/23, she slept 5 hours straight one night, she didn't sleep at all one night, she latched right after birth, best nurser :), had to poop and nurse first time ever for that.

I struggle with fear of the unknown. In a fee short days my husband who has been my rock, my helper, and pretty much running the house in my dabilitated state, is about to leave and return to work. I fear that it will not be able to do this by myself. I fear how to help my son Noah get dressed and go potty while I am holding Katie. I fear his tantrums and getting him to go up the stairs for a nap, or sit in time out if I can't physically lift him. I fear never showering again as their wake up times varying and not knowing if or when I will have a window to do that. And of course I fear not sleeping as their nap schedules don't coincide and I can't just nap when the bsby sleeps. Not this time around. Although even in the midst of all my fears, I know that their is a Big God who goes before me, who tells me to be strong and courageous for my God is with me. My God tells me he will never leave or forsake me. So I must hold onto these truths in times of trial.

No comments: