Welcome!

This a place where I can express my thoughts, dreams, and random ideas throughout the day.

Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Finally Fitting in my own shoes

I am really starting to feel like Larry and I are supposed to be in South Carolina. We are finally at peace with being where we are at, which never happens when you have two adventure seekers. We found a new church called New River community church. It was by far the friendliest church I have ever been in. They really made you feel welcomed and they are starting a new series on themselves as a church and what their mission is. The pastor said something on Sunday that really stuck with me. He said, "You do all that you can do, and God will do all that he can do." And I think a lot of times we wait for God to step in and take over, when we should be sprinting and running hard living the life we are supposed to live. Treating others with compassion, love, truth and grace. God will intervene and show up when he needs to. The illustration he gave was about Jesus feeding 5,000 with 2 loaves of bread and 5 fish. God said, "Go and feed the people" and the disciples did, they had enough for everyone. I wish I trusted God when he sends me out with 2 loaves and expects me to feed 5,000. I need to take more risks for God. This is going to be it. Living in South Carolina, being a 4th grade teacher, and joining a small group. I am going to do all that I can do for him, the Creator and beloved of my life.

No comments: