Welcome!

This a place where I can express my thoughts, dreams, and random ideas throughout the day.

Monday, February 15, 2010

Lent


So growing up Catholic, I always felt convicted to give up something for the sake of being without something that I really enjoy and I have always been drawn to food, specifically ice cream b/c I am addicted. However, this year I have been really convicted about my addiction to fast food. Now those of you might not know this by looking at me, but I am obsessed with fast food and I probably eat it twice or three times a week. It is the thing that calms me down when I am stressed, on my period, or just hungry. So, I feel like giving this up for 40 days will probably be the hardest thing for me. Another wrench to throw into the mix is that I am going to be traveling to Europe for 10 days and of course I have to eat out. That is the best part of vacation. So, to ensure that I am successful in my fasting I am, going to establish ground rules.

RULES FOR LENT:
#1 Subway does not count (b/c that is healthy to me)
#2 Restaurants (going out to dinner) is not included but if I do go to a restaurant I can't get burgers and fries
#3 While on vacation, cafes and restaurants are fine, but I need to make healthy selections

I'm not trying to take away the going out experience, mainly just the Wendy's and McDonald's, and greasy fries that I am so in love with

So, it may sound like I am scapegoating, but I do hope to cut my addictive ties to this wonderful and delicious food I crave so often.

Wish me luck, Lent starts Wednesday, which truly gives a new name to the phrase FAT TUESDAY TOMORROW :) :)

No comments: