Welcome!

This a place where I can express my thoughts, dreams, and random ideas throughout the day.

Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Too Many Dreams

I always feel antsy and anxious to move on to the next big thing. I try to tell myself that I am so passionate for God that I want to serve him in any and every way that I can. But on the other hand, maybe my life has been just this charade of never getting attached to anything, always moving around and never settling down. I never felt like I was settling down with Larry. He was a guy that I knew I wanted to be around and be near. He gave off such an amazing energy that I knew I wanted to be running next to him for the rest of my life. Ever since I moved to South Carolina, I have been itching to move home to Michigan. But for the past four years in Michigan, I have been itching to move somewhere out of state. And now I am running my brain to figure out where I want to go next. I always believed that I liked staying in one place and setlling down, but something inside me gets excited at the thought of a new adventure. I want to be used in a powerful way by God. I want to meet people that God wants me to interact with. I want to serve him with my whole heart and I want to lay my dreams and recognitions down at his feet. I feel humbled at the thought of laying down my teaching career. You work your whole life for a degree to do what you are really passionate about (teaching). And then I realized that it doesn't mean that God can't have his hands in my lifelong dream of being a teacher. So, I am praying about my next move as a teacher and as a resident of South Carolina, waiting for my call from my Savior.

No comments: