Welcome!

This a place where I can express my thoughts, dreams, and random ideas throughout the day.

Monday, July 28, 2008

Too Involved


The other day I hung out with two of my closest friends for a night of girl relaxation and catch up. As we sat at dinner I began to hear my friends tell stories and information that I have already heard from them throughout the week. So, I sit there and watch them talk back and forth with each other because to the other person this is BRAND NEW information. But to me, it is yesterday's old news. So this led me to question, Am I too involved with all of my friends? All we do is recap everything I already know about each of the people because I catch up with all of my friends throughout the week and hear what's going on in their lives. The problem is that they are not communicating with each other so I get to sit and listen to the same stories twice. Don't get me wrong, I love my friends, that is why I call them and keep in touch. My frusteration is having to listen to it again and again with people they don't speak to on a regular basis. Am I too involved in my friends life that when I see them I am forced to listen to repeated stories?