Welcome!

This a place where I can express my thoughts, dreams, and random ideas throughout the day.

Saturday, November 21, 2009

A hair cut that has gone wrong


So 6 months ago I ventured into unknown territory, I got a perm. I went to a stylist that recently permed my good friends hair and I obsessed over it for months. I gained up enough courage to get one myself. While I squirmed with anxiousness as they coated my hair with the terrible smelling solution, I hoped that my hair would turn out O.K. To my surprise, I loved it. It was loose curls that I have wanted my whole life. I enjoyed this hairdo for 6 months. However, I came to a crossroads where I needed to decide what to do next. I decided to brave the terrible smell once again and perm my hair. The nervousness however was not there. I knew what I wanted, I brought in pictures, and explained very clearly, (LOOSE CURLS and largest rollers) the one unknown variable a different hairstylist, not brand new, my hairstylist back home in Michigan, perfectly capable of being trusted. So, I am sitting in the chair, anxiously awaiting my loose awesome curls and then she took off the towel and I saw the massacre that was my hair. In the mirror in front of me was a crimped 90s version of a perm. The one that is so tight, it's almost ringlets. My mind began to race, the damage has been done, what am I to do. I went home with my mind racing. What am I going to do? So I did what any normal girl would do when they feel their hair has been ruined by their hairstylist, I cried and cried. Then, I started crying because I was getting this upset about hair, something I have always claimed I don't care that much about, but here I am crying over my 90s crimp, no curl, crimp. I spared you an actual picture, because I am not ready to face anyone yet, but I did supply you with a picture of how I believe the disaster to look. To top it all off, I can not wash or alter my hair for 48 hours and I get to enjoy the horrid, gagging perm smell for the next 48 hours. I know I will survive, but it still hurts. I am hoping to get past my wallowing and accept what has been done.

No comments: