Welcome!

This a place where I can express my thoughts, dreams, and random ideas throughout the day.

Saturday, October 4, 2008

Great Sadness

On September 25, 2008 my grandma, Mary Lou Moore, went to spend eternity with her Savior. This was extremely difficult for me to hear not because she is in heaven with Jesus but because she gave up on life. Her husband, my grandpa, passed away on December 25, 2007 and she was never able to fully live life without him. Being married for over 50 years, his absence was too much to handle. Now, her depression led to several medical problems, that doctors could not take on. The Lord has brought me through several emotional, physical and psychological phases to be where I am today. I am grateful for the life she led and the memories I have shared with her. My grandma and I have always been very close. I'm the oldest grandaughter and with that came certain treasures she entrusted just to me. My most prized possession is her autobiographhy which she wrote me all throughout my college years. She would write me installments of her life like her childhood, married life, etc. I pray that the Lord will continue working on me as the days come to help me to see his plan. I will always remember you Grandma and I will make sure others will as well.

No comments: