Welcome!

This a place where I can express my thoughts, dreams, and random ideas throughout the day.

Sunday, October 11, 2009

Anticipation


How is it that the thing you are most anxious about and that causes you the most amount of stress and anxiety is the one thing you can't seem to jump right in and do???


I have wanted to start planning for my lesson observation for 4 days now and every time I think about sitting down to write it I can't seem to do it. I have spent countless hours thinking about which book I am going to use and what standard I am going to cover but it took me forever to get started.


I'm not quite sure why I am so anxious about it. If nothing else, I feel the most comfortable teaching literacy and being able to teach 3rd grade. So what exactly is making me on edge? Is it the worry of what happens if I get the job? Or what happens if I don't get the job? Maybe my body is sick of always being on edge with these countless job interviews. Don't get me wrong, I am so eternally grateful for every opportunity God has provided for me. I just feel that my body is on constant standby. I have no permanent residence, no permanent job and it has been like this for 3 months. My body wants to let out that breath its been holding for 90 days.


Hopefully by November, I will feel the sigh of relief, until then..I am working hard and keeping straight on the path towards following hard after God, to him be the glory.

No comments: