Welcome!

This a place where I can express my thoughts, dreams, and random ideas throughout the day.

Friday, October 2, 2009

Answered Prayer


The past couple days I have had very specific prayers. The first was for my 2 interviews I had on Wednesday. I was praying for open doors and for God to show me my purpose and his next placement to serve. The first interview I had was to substitute teach in Troy. Since I had been a classroom teacher for two years, they saw favor in me and started my paperwork to sub. The second interview was for a part time Math intervention teacher in Novi. This would have been a great job for me in 5 years, however, only being able to work part time and driving an hour there and back everyday would have been very difficult for me to do, but given an opportunity very hard to turn down. I left super excited and super torn. I told God that if he wanted me to have this job to push me through to the second round, but if this isn't my right placement, close the door now and he answered within hours. God has more in store for me than a part-time, YEAH :).


Yesterday, we had our house inspection. I didn't really know how to feel going into the inspection. I was excited to see our house, since I was forgetting the intricate details of the inside. But, I was also nervous as to what the inspector might find. Larry and I were praying for the inspection to go smoothly and I was praying that we would not find damage over 10,000 that we would have to do right away. Our inspector was the sweetest man ever and kept using the phrase "Bless your heart" which I enjoyed thoroughly from my southern past. He walked around and examined every nook and cranny. Yes we did find little things wrong with the house but no life threatening cases. I felt a wave of emotion as this man is telling me this house which I have grown to love so dearly, has little minor problems such as little cracks and drips. I felt for the first time what a true homeowner must feel. Yes, I have owned a home before, but I felt that I was able to live truly as a guest. A true homeowner wants to care, treat, maintain and grow in the home they choose. That is what I want with this house. Our criteria for houses this time around was very different than our first house and while that scares me that I may regret not having certain upgrades or decorative unique traits, I'm excited to transform this house into a home for a long time with lots of room to grow ;)


Praise God for answered prayers!

"Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus" (Philippians 4:6-7).

No comments: